What are Natural Essential Oils?
Nature is the answer to all health problems. Essential oils are the most demanded natural products that are grabbing innumerable attention of people owing to their limitless health benefits. They are no less than magic potions used in almost all the industries for the variety of benefits they offer to people; whether it is about treating physical or mental ailments, they can cure it all when used in recommended quantities. Natural essential oils are naturally extracted from different parts of the plant to cater to numerous health problems in a natural and effective manner. With the sudden rise in the demand for natural essential oils and related products, there is a sudden rise in the number of industries engaged in their manufacturing and supplying of these natural products. Extracted by various extraction processes, they are strong plant concentrates that promote healthier living in every way.
Characteristics of natural essential oils
With the increasing popularity of essential oils in the market owing to the abundant benefits they provide to the human body, it becomes important to know more about these magic oils. Being a new user of these liquids extracted from the natural parts of the plant, it is always better to be cautious and learn more about them in detail. Therefore, there is a list of the best characteristics of these oils below –
- Essential oils are immensely potent and concentrated liquids that must be used in checked amounts on the skin.
- Essential oils are insoluble in water and only dissolve in oils.
- It is always advised to use essential oils topically only after diluting them with carrier oils. This concoction is much more effective and absorbable by the skin than just essential oils.
- Essential oils are volatile in nature as they disperse into the air as soon it comes in its contact.
Benefits of Natural Essential Oils for Skin
- Treatment of acne: The anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties of the natural essential oils will help in killing the bacteria that are causing acne and pimples. Natural essential oils like tea tree, lemongrass, and other oils help reduce the swelling, redness, and pain caused by acne.
- Soothes dry skin: Essential oils such as chamomile, lavender, sandalwood, frankincense, and Helichrysum essential oils help soothe the dryness of the skin. They lock the skin moisture and prevent it from losing.
- Reduces scars & blemishes: The scars and blemish on the skin vanish its beauty. The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties along with the antioxidants reduce the effects of the free radicals and promote skin regeneration. Essential oils ideal for this condition is rosehip, frankincense, carrot seed, Helichrysum, and geranium.
- Promotes wound healing: The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of the essential oils help in speeding the healing process of the wounds. People can apply lavender, tea tree, Frankincense, myrrh, rosemary, chamomile, and Helichrysum essential oils on the cuts, bumps, and scrapes to get rid of the pain and injury.
- Fights against premature signs of aging: The free radicals and the harmful UV rays damage the upper layers of the skin causing symptoms of aging wrinkles and fine lines. Using essential oils like carrot seed, Argan, Frankincense, Clary Sage, Rosehip, etc. reduces the signs of aging.
Benefits of Natural Essential Oils for Hair
- Promotes hair growth: Essentials like rosemary, Cedarwood, clary sage, lavender, etc. helps in the stimulation of hair growth.
- Calms down irritated scalps: The irritated and itchy scalp is the reason for dandruff and using essential oils like Khus, peppermint, Petitgrain, Cedarwood, etc. is an amazing idea to reduce the symptoms of the irritated scalp.
- Eliminates dandruff: Dandruff is the result of the dry and irritated scalp. Moisturizing it with essential oils like Cedarwood, clary sage, patchouli, lavender, and others is the best way to get rid of dandruff.
- Stops hair fall: The problem of hair fall is a common condition faced by all. Treating the scalp with natural essential oils like rosemary, chamomile, Ylang Ylang, thyme, lemongrass, etc. will prevent hair from falling and promoting hair growth.
- Makes hair stronger: Using essential oil will not only clean the scalp and will also help in the generation of the new hair from the roots and makes them stronger.
Benefits of Natural Essential Oils for Health
- Reduce stress & anxiety: The fragrance of the essential oils is used in the aromatherapy sessions for the mental healing of people who suffer from stress, depression, and anxiety. Eucalyptus essential oil, grapefruit essential oil, rosemary essential oil, sandalwood essential oil, and more are some of the useful oil significant for mental well-being.
- Relieves inflammation: The anti-inflammatory properties of the essential oils make them the perfect remedy to treat problems of inflammation. The calming aura of these oils alleviates pain, swelling, or redness from the injuries or wounds with perfection. Some of the effective oils to treat inflammation are – thyme, rosemary, and tea tree essential oils.
- Promotes sleep: The aromatic properties of these oils help in curing psychological disorders such as stress, anxiety, and depression. They relax the brain, calm the senses, and stave off negative thoughts. Beneficial oils are lavender, Clary Sage, and bergamot essential oils.
- Alleviates pain: Applying natural essential oils around the wounds, injuries, bruises, or rashes reduces the pain and swelling owing to the anti-inflammatory properties in them. The ideal oils for this condition are peppermint, chamomile, lavender, rosemary, ginger, myrrh, and others.
- Boosts immune system: The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of the essential oils hinder the growth of pathogens in the human body and promote a good and healthy immune system. Effective oils for boosting the immune system are cinnamon, tea tree, oregano, clove, peppermint, eucalyptus, etc.